Monday, July 31, 2017

Mentally Ill Human Race

Image result for LGBT

I have tried my best to avoid politics in my blog posts.  I have tried even harder to do them without mentioning our commander in tweet, but with LGBT rights in the cross hairs yet again, I have emerged from the shadows, with my opinion.

Lets say that you see the genetics of an individual.  The code listed is XX.  What does that tell you? That this individual is a female of course.  But what happens when this individual also has a penis? Are they still a female?  Or are they a male now?  In just a couple sentences, I have proven that even science sees gender as fluid.

And yes, I know.  The most common counter argument to what I just said is that those mutations are the signs of a mental illness.  And that these same mental illnesses are why trans individuals should be barred from the military.

While I cannot deny that people who join the military have to be in the best condition possible, I question why having a mental illness of any kind is the end all be all.  Notably, I have Autism and was barred from enlisting.  However, at the time , I also suffered from other conditions that were far more likely to impair my time in the military.

Anyway, I do not consider LGBT a mental illness in the slightest, but for the sake of this argument, lets pretend that I do.  If we are going to bar individuals from being in important positions, cause this is not only limited to the military, we have to be consistent about mental illness.  Clearly people with Autism, and Schizophrenia are gone.  So is anyone with Bi Polar, Manic Depressive, and Depression conditions.  Don't forget any Narcissists and people on the anti social personality disorder spectrum.  Wait doesn't the President of the United States fit under one of those  umbrellas?

In fact, better bar people who are over weight and under weight.  People who are Anorexic and Bulimic as well.   And while we are on the nature of eating disorders, we better ban anyone who puts poison in their body intentionally.  Yep no one who drinks alcohol can be in an important position.   And if you eat chocolate or candy I have bad news for you.  Do you like smoking Tobacco?  Better not want a position of importance.

Too tall?  Too short? Too smart?  Too dumb?  Lets be real, we are all mentally ill.  We all have problems.  Our biology does not decide how we express ourselves.  We choose how express ourselves.  Sometimes our biology agrees, and sometimes it goes down kicking and screaming.  We are measured by how we handle our individual problems, and being in a position of power or the military should be defined by those same standards.

Rather, I think there is a different reason the same people calling for barring LGBT people from the military also claim to love the military.  They are trying to avoid a dilemma in honoring soldiers who they believe have been condemned by a God who in all likelihood, probably gives little to zero fucks about their opinions. Man oh man, people thinking there is a man in the sky that wastes time watching every little thing you do, waiting to punish you at a moments notice, now that is mental illness.

No comments:

Post a Comment